- Irreconcilable (Dis)continuity: De Doctrina Christiana and Milton1)
Vol. 27, 78-105.
- Why Does Jig Smile? Readings of “Hills Like White Elephants”
Vol. 27, 48-77.
- “[M]emories and similes laid side by side”: The Paratactic Poetics of Alice Oswald’s Memorial2)
Lena Linne and Burkhard Niederhoff
Vol. 27, 19-47.
- Self-Imposed Fetters: The Productivity of Formal and Thematic Restrictions
Vol. 27, 1-18.
For a longer list of recent articles, together with their abstracts, go to Latest Additions.
- Deadline for the 2019 symposium’s CfP extended to October 31, 2018 - The CfP deadline for the 2019 Connotations symposium (under the topic "Understanding (through) Annotations") has just been extended to October 31, 2018. We particularly invite graduate participants to submit a proposal; there will be a prize (travel bursary) awarded to the best essay. So please share this to young researchers Continue Reading
- In memoriam: Inge Leimberg (1926-2018) - It is with great sadness that the editors of Connotations have to inform you that Inge Leimberg, the founding editor of Connotations and honorary president of the Connotations Society, has passed away on 12 July.
- CfP: 15th International Connotations Symposium – Understanding (through) Annotations - The CfP for the 15th International Connotations Symposium is now online and interested in "Understanding (though) Annotation" of literary texts.
- Technical updates in February and March 2018 - The start of 2018 sees Connotations taking another step towards further improving user friendliness and adapting to the best practice of digital research publications. Over the course of the next weeks we will add DOIs to all our articles (back issues included) for easier citation and better visibility. We apologize Continue Reading