- “In Another Light”: New Intertexts for David Dabydeen’s “Turner”
Vol. 26, 163-203.
- Tennyson’s “Tithonus” and the Revision of Wordsworth’s “Tintern Abbey”
Vol. 26, 141-162.
- The Equanimity of Influence: Milton and Wordsworth
Stephen M. Fallon
Vol. 26, 126-140.
- “When Contemplation like the Night-Calm Felt”: Religious Considerations in Poetic Texts by Shakespeare, Milton, and Wordsworth
Vol. 26, 115-125.
For a longer list of recent articles, together with their abstracts, go to Latest Additions.
- Technical updates in February and March 2018 - The start of 2018 sees Connotations taking another step towards further improving user friendliness and adapting to the best practice of digital research publications. Over the course of the next weeks we will add DOIs to all our articles (back issues included) for easier citation and better visibility. We apologize Continue Reading
- Congratulations to Kazuo Ishiguro, 2017 Nobel Laureate in Literature - This week, the 2017 Nobel Laureate in Literaure was awarded to Kazuo Ishiguro, author of the already modern classics The Remains of the Day and Never Let Me Go. Sara Danius, the Swedish Academy's permanent secretary said that "If you mix Jane Austen and Franz Kafka then you have Kazuo Continue Reading
- A few words from the editors - Since Connotations began its work 26 years ago, it was clear from the start that the journal should and could not exist on the printed page alone. All articles were stored electronically alongside the printed version - in the 1990s this meant floppy disks, but as soon as the internet Continue Reading
- The Donne’s Society Distinguished Publication Award goes to…. - Our recently published debate on John Donne's The Second Anniversarie with original articles by Ryan Netzley, Sarah Powrie and Michael Ursell was awarded the Donne Society's Distinguished Publication Award 2015. We congratulate the three authors! The award was presented at the 32nd Annual John Donne Conference, 16 - 18 February, Continue Reading