- Overwhelming Questions: An Answer to Chris Ackerley
Vol. 26, 85-89.
- Poetics of Injustice: The Case of Two Mockingbirds
Vol. 26, 54-84.
- Is Timon Mad? An Answer to Beatrix Hesse
Vol. 26, 47-53.
- Black Ekphrasis? A Response to Carl Plasa
Vol. 26, 40-46.
For a longer list of recent articles, together with their abstracts, go to Latest Additions.
- A few words from the editors - Since Connotations began its work 26 years ago, it was clear from the start that the journal should and could not exist on the printed page alone. All articles were stored electronically alongside the printed version - in the 1990s this meant floppy disks, but as soon as the internet Continue Reading
- Launch day draws closer -
- The Donne’s Society Distinguished Publication Award goes to…. - Our recently published debate on John Donne's The Second Anniversarie with original articles by Ryan Netzley, Sarah Powrie and Michael Ursell was awarded the Donne Society's Distinguished Publication Award 2015. We congratulate the three authors! The award was presented at the 32nd Annual John Donne Conference, 16 - 18 February, Continue Reading