- Empathy with the Butcher, or: The Inhuman Non-Human in Michel Faber’s Under the Skin
Maria Kark and Dirk Vanderbeke
Vol. 29, 1-23.
- Wordsworth & the Sonnet as Epic Prelude: A Response to Stephen Fallon and Henry Weinfield
Vol. 28, 235-49.
- C. S. Lewis and Satan: A Preface to Paradise Lost and Its Respondents, 1942-19521)
David V. Urban
Vol. 28, 192-234.
- Self-Imposed Fetters in Four Golden Age Villanelles
Frank J. Kearful
Vol. 28, 163-91.
For a longer list of recent articles, together with their abstracts, go to Latest Additions.
- The Literary Advent Calendar 2019 is here! - We are happy to host the Literary Advent Calendar 2019 for the English department of Eberhard-Karls-University Tübingen. This year's motto is "Festive Foods" and each day you can listen to a delicious morsel of English literature read by staff and students. Just click on the Santa to the right and join us for a merry festive season! Continue Reading
- Interview about the “Ambiguous Dickens” - At last year's Dickens Symposium, the Dickens Society recorded a video interview with our editors Prof. Bauer and Prof. Zirker on the “Ambiguous Dickens.” You can watch online in the Dickens Society's Youtube channel. Continue Reading
- The preliminary programme for the 2019 Connotations Symposium is online - The symposium will be under the heading "Understanding (through) Annotations" and will take place in Tübingen later this summer. You can find the preliminary programme and more information at the symposium page. Continue Reading
- A literary advent calendar! - This December, we are happy to host the literary Advent Calendar of Tübingen University's English Department. This year's topic is "Bah, Humbug! - A Celebration of the Playful and Nonsensical." Go to our calendar page and open the doors to listen to our department's members and students recite some of the favorite bits of literary humbug! Continue Reading