- Milton’s Consistency: An Answer to Jason Kerr
Vol. 29, 125-128.
- Hamlet and the Limits of Euphuism: A Response to Frederick Kiefer
Vol. 29, 115-124.
- The Praise of Cosmopolitanism: The Confidence-Man by Herman Melville
Vol. 29, 77-114.
- Annotation as an Embedded Textual Practice: Analysing Explanatory Notes in Three Editions of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Lena Linne and Burkhard Niederhoff
Vol. 29, 48-76.
For a longer list of recent articles, together with their abstracts, go to Latest Additions.
- The CfP for the 16th International Connotations Symposium is online! - The 16th International Connotations Symposium (July 25 - 29, 2021) will look into questions of "Metagenre." To this end, it will focus on works that, like the A Midsummer Night’s Dream and The Good Soldier, reflect on the genre(s) to which they belong; this self-reflection may be either explicit or implicit. Questions to be dealt with include: What are the techniques used to make self-reflexive statements about genre? Are parodies by definition examples of metagenre? Do the reflection on genre and the performance of genre in one and the same work support or undermine each other? Is metagenre an indication… Continue Reading
- The Literary Advent Calendar 2019 is here! - We are happy to host the Literary Advent Calendar 2019 for the English department of Eberhard-Karls-University Tübingen. This year's motto is "Festive Foods" and each day you can listen to a delicious morsel of English literature read by staff and students. Just click on the Santa to the right and join us for a merry festive season! Continue Reading
- Interview about the “Ambiguous Dickens” - At last year's Dickens Symposium, the Dickens Society recorded a video interview with our editors Prof. Bauer and Prof. Zirker on the “Ambiguous Dickens.” You can watch online in the Dickens Society's Youtube channel. Continue Reading
- The preliminary programme for the 2019 Connotations Symposium is online - The symposium will be under the heading "Understanding (through) Annotations" and will take place in Tübingen later this summer. You can find the preliminary programme and more information at the symposium page. Continue Reading